Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kayaking & Geocaching


Today is the first Saturday of Tax Season. We're only open from 9 - 2 this year (9-4 the two years prior) so I decided to celebrate EVERY nice Saturday by going out with Smaug. It was cool and breezy so I put on my rain gear pants.

This is me (notice the red kayak tip and my sneaker) in a little cove having a snack and sunning myself.


I love taking my camera. This isn't a great photo (notice the weed) but it's so much fun to snap pics from the water.

As I was getting on to thinking about heading home (getting cooler, breezy, and late-ish) I heard a couple of people yelling across the lake. I paused, letting their voices reach me when I heard the UNMISTAKABLE sounds of a geocache being uncovered.

I paddled over and found a really nice couple in an inflatable kayak who had just convered a Muggle. (In this case, a non-geocacher.) The couple (never got their names) were kind enough for me to share their cache.

Later, I logged it into geocaching.com. It's cache "GC10WGJ Strika62-2".


This is what the site says about it:

The cache is a small tupperware container located at the base of a small tree under cover.
This cache is intended to be accessed by human powered vehicles (hint: you'll ruin a prop on the approach...)

Additional Hints

Yup, it's an island...


How fun is this! Kayaking and Geocaching all in one day. And, like a good 'cacher, I scooped some trash from Watson Lake on my way back to the boat ramp.

No comments: