Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BIG Snow in Chino Valley

It started snowing this afternoon. And just KEPT on snowing. And snowing. I actually had to go to Alco after work and buy a snow shovel. I knew when I bought my house that having a north facing driveway would mean ice but, frankly, it doesn't snow in Chino that often.

Or, not enough snow to make much difference.

I actually had to shovel the snow after I pulled in my garage at about 7:00. It was about 6 inches and still falling.


When Lily and I went to bed, it looked like THIS! You can't tell, but it's about 8 inches or so.


You can see how much snow is on the end of the kayak. And yes, Lily does LOVE the snow. I had to bring her in finally. She was wet, ice-caked and shivering.

By this morning, it was 13 inches. They actually canceled school! Dad is coming to get me to take me to the office. I don't get a day off since when there's snow a lot of people come in during the day that would have come in in the evening.



PS: you can see my trees in the backyard!

No comments: