Sunday, July 13, 2008

San Diego Zoo

We went to the San Diego Zoo on Friday. We were in Escondido for Dad's high school's 60th birthday party. Basically, it means that the class of 1966 are all turning 60 this year and they're having a party.

While I was at the Zoo, I took a TON of pictures of pigs for Alvin. He's nutty about javalina so every time I saw a pig I thought of him.

I love the ears on these guys!


I also took a photo of the Chacoan Peccary. They're the same flavor as a Collared Peccary (a javalina) only bigger. Of course, these guys didn't really LOOK bigger than a javalina, but maybe they weren't full grown.

Or, maybe the javalina in Prescott are just HUGE.


I also took a picture of this spotted hyena. Talk about BIG. He was about TWICE the size I was expecting him to be from pictures on TV. I'm glad he was asleep since even snoozing he was scary!

No comments: