Monday, June 23, 2008

Bought a House!

Whoop! I just put a down payment (a reservation really) on a new house in Bright Star. It'll (hopefully) be done on October 21, 2008!

And, yes, technically this IS a mushroom house but since it's MY mushroom house, I'm surprisingly okay with that. I think I'm also okay with a mushroom house since it wasn't ever a farmland or field; just vacant blowing Chino dirt.

I'm getting the Sangallo in the A style, but I'm flipping the floor plan from this picture.

The reason is the house will face north and if I put the garage on the other side, my living room window will be in the shade all summer afternoons.

The front of the house will look like this:

Of course, it won't be a two-tone house to start off with since they want to charge me $500 for the second paint color! I'll do that myself later.

Paperwork was boring and exciting at the same time. I'm looking forward to going home and READING it all tonight. (Tomorrow, I go to pick out cabinets.)


It was VERY exciting, however, getting to take off the orange "reserved" pin from the map and putting down my red one. I just HAD to have pictures.

I think that it's really exciting to know I've got lot 246 since that's Dad's address. Of course, there's not a prime number in site since my address is 2139 Touchstone Dr. And, I haven't quite figured out what a "touchstone" is in astronomical terms; all the other streets are like "Saturn" and "Constellation" and "Newton."

Even the lack of prime numbers or a street name that makes sense can't dampen my excitement. After all the paperwork was signed (still waiting to hear back from my attorney for any deal-busters) I told Judy I was off to take pictures of "my dirt!"

No comments: