Sunday, June 07, 2009

Punta Cana: Day 3

I HAVE SAND IN MY HAIR!

(and it won't come out!)

Alvin tried to teach me to body surf but it wasn't going so well. I think this ocean has it in for me! It just wants to knock me around and press me into the sand. Here's my trick: go limp. The wave beats me up and down but it doesn't hurt.

Of course, I come up looking like a sandy, downed rat...

I was standing in the surf, after having been knocked down a million times. I watched this huge wave come at me and I KNEW it was going to throw me to the ocean floor and toss me around.

Instead of fighting, I went limp. The wave caught me and threw me towards the shore -- right into Alvin. I caught him around the waist and THREW him to the sand.

The wave grabbed me and tried to tumble me over. At that point, I realized that I had just body slammed my boyfriend into the sand. And I started to laugh. All the air WHOOSHED out and headed who-knows-where!

Then, suddenly, I feel that Alvin is lifting my legs out of the surf and grinding my hair into the sand. Why?!!? I laugh some more imagining my white legs thrashing and nothing else of me to be seen. I try to let go of Alvin, concerned that he's fighting for air and I've pinned him down.

Oh no! We must look SO funny and I'm laughing so hard I think I just peed!

The wave tumbles me towards shore. I can't get up since I'm laughing so hard. Alvin slogs through the surf to pick me up, yelling at me to breathe.

The wave knocks us BOTH down and I am still laughing -- the type where you can't breathe IN because you're laughing too hard. I FINALLY can draw a breathe -- look at Alvin and start laughing all over again!

--
The Day In Rewind:

Dad wasn't feeling well this morning so it was just Mom, Alvin & I for breakfast. Since Dad was pretty much planning on sleeping during the AM, Alvin and I headed to the beach!

I love it that Alvin loves to take photos of me! When I went to Europe a few years ago, I think I ended up with only half a dozen photos of ME.


Even though I'm in SERIOUS shadow, I love this picture. I love the tree and the BLUE BLUE water and the sand!

Just before lunch, we had a Team NuVision meeting for Pre-Paid. This is Darnell Self addressing all of us about how we need to all start working for the $100,000 ring. That means earning $100,000 in a 12-month period with Pre-Paid Legal.

Most of the people there we already ring earners or at least Executive Directors!



Team NuVision.

For dinner, we tried the Mexican food restaurant. It was actually VERY good.

And yes, I did change my clothes. Again. I bought this dress in Huntington Beach and hadn't ever worn it! I brought so many clothes that I can change twice a day if I want to! I just like wearing something fun to dinner.

No comments: