Thursday, August 07, 2008

House Update

Ahh! Progress! I've been taking careful pictures at every step of the way (except for the underground plumbing, I didn't have a camera) and it's very exciting to watch it progress.


This was my house on 23 June 2008. If you notice, it has SOMEBODY ELSE'S tractor and Dumpster on it. Those aren't even to build my house.

Here we go when it's time to break ground. This is MY Dumpster and my little sign with my lot number and street number.

Little bitty tractor to dig the footers. It doesn't look like it but these trenches are DEEP. They weren't quite done digging when I was there to take photos.


Saturday, after kayaking, Dad and I went to examine the poured concrete footers. Those little trenches? Now they're full!

And today! My BEAUTIFUL slab. Funny how the house shrank with just the footers dug and poured and grew again with just concrete.


Ahh, the patios. I say patios since I payed to have an additional slab poured. I was worried that it would shrink my back yard a LOT but it's hardly noticeable from that idea. I'm planning on putting a pergola over the extra patio for Sky Chairs and hanging geraniums and a little BBQ. I LOVE being outside.

No comments: