Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Parade, Jalapeno Poppers, and Corn Dinner

First off, before I tell you ANYTHING about Labor Day, let me say this: Jes-ka! you were here in spirit and I missed you A LOT. Like crying over breakfast a lot!


Ah, the Mazy crew getting ready to watch the Territorial Days Parade in beautiful Chino Valley!

Left to right you have Kris, Berlyn, Brent, Jennifer, and Elwyn. Kris and Jen are my "cousins" and the kiddos are my favorite kids! Alvin and I were across the street (in the shade!) to watch the parade. I took a TON of photos, but I'll spare them for the scrapbook!

Only in Chino! Our little hokey parade is so much fun!


The Rotary Club float. That's Lou throwing something, Mike hanging out the door, and my dad in the background, not looking at the camera.



After the parade, we were going to have Les and Kathy over for jalapeno poppers before the corn dinner. I grew two types of jalapenos in my garden this year and we tested them both.

I was on bacon duty.


For the recipe, see the newsletter archive on EatStayPlay.com

Here we are at the corn dinner. The line was LONG, the afternoon chilly (with rain and wind) the wait was TERRIBLE, but it was SOOOOO good. Mom and Dad.

Les & Kathy

Me & Alvin

Here's a link to the 2006 Corn Dinner pictures.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kiiim! I so wish I could have been there--I miss corn dinners and your hokey parades! Hello from Barcelona, glad things are well!!

Kris Mazy Fullmer said...

I feel Infamous...:)
~K