Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Big & The Little


THIS the the biggest fish I've ever caught.



And this is the littlest pike I've ever seen.


We were boat fishing on Ashurst Lake today. I was reading my book when BAM! my line went under. I lost the bait and the fish, so I stuck on some more Yellow PowerBait and cast out again, this time paying 100% attention.

Not 10 minutes later, I got a huge strike. I FOUGHT it all the way into the boat. Mom and I were just screaming with laughter as we pulled it in and I didn't realize how HUGE it was until Mom was saying that she couldn't get her hands all the way around.

So, here I am, forceps rooting around in the throat of a trout, looking for the treble hook when I look over the side of the boat and yell:

"Hey! Who's bobber is that?"


Yes, Mom caught her itty bitty pike at the same time we were dealing with my giant trout.

I never did get the hook back -- we had to wait until Dad was cleaning fish that night.

No comments: