Friday, October 10, 2008

Kayaking Dead Horse Ranch State Park

A huge snow storm was set to hit Flagstaff. Instead of staying in the cold and the wet, we moved farther south to Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood. We went from can't-wear-enough-clothes weather to tee shirt weather in one day. (Yesterday)

There are three little lagoons at the park. They don't accept any motorized boats, and you can only put in on one of them. We didn't catch any fish (too hot still to stock trout) but Dad & I had a good time paddling around!



Dad casting from the kayak.


Smaug (the kayak) and Kim's feet! Nobody ever takes photos of ME so I'm just proving I'm there.



BTW: we've got Internet here, which is a good thing since they're finishing up my mortgage and they need a TON of stuff. I'm praying hard and more than a bit worried. It's too late in the game NOT to get the financing on my most amazing house!

No comments: