Saturday, October 11, 2008

Geocaching

Dad is really into geocaching since that will be an integral part of EatStayPlay.com's future. There were a TON of geocaches in and near Dead Horse Ranch State Park so we took an afternoon and went looking for two. It took us two tries to find this one.



See what I'm pointing to? It's a little sign that says JOBOX and this geocache was called "Little Job". Duh! Fun, but boy did I feel stupid!


Our next one was all about fly fishing. Or at least, it was supposed to be about fly fishing. We took a rock from this one. I found the cache under some bark in a rotted out stump. Of course, this was in between calls from Laurie, the mortgage lady, seeing a deer at the riverside (the photos of her didn't come out), and bushwacking through some tall grasses.



This was the final cache. It was quite a hike from the truck. And I had to hike TO the truck and bring it closer to where we were starting from. Then, it was about 3/4 of a mile along a trail. The cache was easy to find but hard to GET to. It was under an overhang, behind a rock, and guarded by some SHARP spiney bushes.

The first family photo I took I'm making a terrible face after having twisted my ankle getting back to the path.



Oh, and a really great part of the day (yesterday) was that Alvin was waiting for us when we got back to camp. I LOVE camping.

No comments: