Saturday, November 22, 2008

FAFSA

Okay, I did it. I completed the FASFA. I'm applying to Prescott College for their Spring semester to get my Masters Degree in Spanish.

It's really kind of scary and exciting all at the same time. It's scary because it's expensive (hello! PRIVATE school) and exciting to be working on an advanced degree. I went to a Q&A session there and was very happy with the results.

Of course, I should have applied by the 17th of November. Yeah, that was MONDAY. I would have been eligible for a scholarship. I didn't though. I guess, in a lot of ways, I wasn't really committed to going. But, my family and I had a big talk last weekend and I realized that this is something I need to do. It's not going to get easier time-wise to wait.

So, here are my goals:

  • Attend 1/2 time for Spring 2009
  • Have the tuition paid off by May 2009
  • Earn enough with Pre-Paid Legal before July 2009 to pay for the fall tuition
  • Work on my master's during the summer to make it easier for fall

I know they're lofty goals, but I think I need it.

Wish me luck! I've never filled out a FASFA all by myself before so I hope I did it right.

1 comment:

arizona carpet cleaners said...

low cost insurance A Master degree in Spanish? That is an amazing accomplishment and can take you in so many directions. Good for you!